domenica 9 febbraio 2014

ROMYNA MENENDEZ..... THE FELDENKRAIS METHOD

My name is Romyna Elena and I come from Italy, I am very excited to be living in Bristol. I was born in Peru, but I grew up in Italy and specifically in Rome. I started working and studying in 2002 at SAPIENZA University of Rome, until 2005. I highly appreciated the work of my mentor, as at this time I was introduced to Feldrenkrais method and I began my study and training in this discipline. I studied 4 years with RUTHY ALON, in Florence. I could see the potential that this form of movement based therapy could have for the rehab patients and was excited to learn more about this discipline in order to develop a treatment program, designed to address postural dysfunctions, alleviate chronic neck/back/shoulder/knee issues, and balance re-education. Each patient is given an individualized assessment and is taught how to support their bodies from centre, stabilizing through the myofascial lines of movement. I worked in Italy for the Israelitico Hospital for 7 years and I learned to work with elder people in the geriatrics department. I became a senior therapist in the geriatric medical unit of the Israelitico Hospital in 2006, developing a keen interest in working with the elderly. Three years ago I started collaborating with Professor Costanzo Giuseppe at Sapienza University in Rome, one of the most foremost renowned doctors in vertebral diseases global scenario. He asked me to work with his patients with vertebral diseases and post-surgery as well. I have moved to Bristol to follow my husband and his career and I have no problem to moving again in order to improve my skills and learn new rehabilitation methods.


                                                                                                              Romyna Elena Menendez

                                                                                                        44, Tudor road BS15 8SF

                                                                                                       Hanham - Parish Bristol.

                                                                                                        07445 5250006

                                                                                                              r_romyna@hotmail.com

 

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento